Tuesday, February 26, 2008
3:05 PM
Voila’ another blog post!
I’m thinking too much lately…I wasted a day last Sunday typing out how my relationship with God changed over the last year because I wanted to send it to someone to explain certain things, and maybe one day I’ll post it here, but for now it speaks about things God rescued me from which I’m really not proud of at all so it’s gonna have to wait…
Yesterday the Y4J Lenten Talks started! At first I wasn’t all that excited because I kept thinking ‘There’s no way they’re gonna manage to top last year!’ and plus I have my second week of mocs this week (we only started last week) but after hearing a bit about them I got really excited!
So far we had the opening, The Hallway. It started off with the countdown, then a dance to Jump Around, choreographed by Cara which was fantastic, followed by a few songs of praise, then a video clip of a scene from the Pacifier. Following this Father Ray gave a talk, the main point of which was that when entering a hallway, people generally take something off eg. A jacket and hang it on the rack in the hallway. Likewise we should take off something too – our ‘supervja’ meaning our pride. Now that was rather ironic xD Then Beppe started laughing at me because I asked him what the word Mghammed means =P

I was leaving with Theresa and her mum came for us at 8:50 so I had to leave, only a few minutes after the Eucharest had been brought out, which was frustrating, but then again I needed to get home and study anyway. I had chemistry today and at random points yesterday when I was trying to praise, I’d just have mental bursts of ‘Deliquescent…Hygroscopic…Efflorescent…’. The sad thing is that I was up most of the night yesterday, and again this morning between 6-11am studying as my exam was second session, and I still found the exam ridiculously difficult. Now I’m terrified for paper 2A as that was only Paper 1 – which I had studied for – and was still a nightmare!!
Last Saturday I volunteered to take part in the Hot Issues Debate at tonight’s talk. Basically 4 of us (2 girls, 2 guys) have a different ‘problem’ and we have to debate it with Father Ray and try to justify what we’re doing etc. I’m torn between excitement, nerves and a whole confusion of other feelings that have tied themselves into a knot in my stomach – I’m really not going to be paying any attention at Maltese privat before the talk today! I’ll just be thinking about what I’ve planned to say…I was given the topic of Self Harm…
In slightly older news, Slum Survivors survived! =D I’m completely determined to take part in the next one (it wasn’t open for fifth formers this year due to mocs) and I think I’ll manage to cope well with my Scouts Survival experiences. The slummers earned a real lot of money for the orphanage in Kenya that Y4J have agreed to take care of :)

I had my 16th Birthday on the 11th…I had been looking forward to it for ages, and am enjoying the fun it brings in waving my ID at my jealous friends, but in actuality it doesn’t make all that much of a difference having an ID. I’m still not going to go anywhere without my mates, as I discovered Saturday, but I must say it gives me quite a feeling of superiority. On the bright side, even though I didn’t even need to show my ID, I got to have my first legal drink ^^ My favourite - Tequila (salt, lemon and all) with Kris :)
It was quite an enjoyable birthday – it was on a Monday, but the Friday before I planned to celebrate quietly with my best female friends from school (Maria, Becky, Louisa and Franny) [Sports Day colours xD]. These girls came and slept over (well…slept is pushing it as we went to sleep at around 4am if I remember correctly - we spent more time fooling around filming ourselves with Dan's camcorder that he forgot at my house, then Maria's when his ran out of battery!). We were watching a dvd first, and the guys of our usual group (my best friend Noddy, plus the St.Aloysius ones so Kris, Daniel, Malcolm, Carl, Peter and Beppe) had been begging to come along too, so I said uwija come ux and we ended up with instead of 5 girls watching the film, having to cram with the 7 guys xD Still, it was enjoyable and we watched Dogma which I’d already seen before but which is hilarious.











I got some really sweet messages on my birthday, and some were really unexpected! I’m remembering at the moment the ones from Beppe, Achie, Pete, Kai, Kikka, Louisa, Andrew, and Theresa but I think there were more I’m forgetting, but thanks guys!! It really made me feel loved :]
Speaking of love,Valentines was probably my 2nd best ever, as the person I really wanted to ask me to be their Valentine…did. I’m such a loser seriously, if anybody saw me at the moment I received the text message they would’ve thought I’d lost it ^^ But still, it was nice – plus I got my soppy message from Beppe =P We’d decided the week before that we’d be Valentines and I told him he had to send me a soppy message no matter what, despite his protests and complaints that he’d sound gay. The one he sent me in the end really made me laugh :]
We all gave Mr.Roberto, our PE teacher a massive valentines ’s card from all the girls in the grade. We tried to give it to him during assembly, but he got embarrassed and ran away to the PE room so naturally…we all chased him there and presented it to him, much to his embarrassment xD He put it up though, and you could tell he liked it!


We also spent all Biology making Mr.Titian a card, just because I had felt like drawing him the biological heart for the lame fun of going ‘We [heart] you’ all biologically =P It was hilarious because then Lara Manara drew him as a giraffe (spoofing his supreme height) and drew us riding on him xD We then surreptitiously passed it down to the boys, hidden in a past paper, so that they could sign it. Our class really weren’t paying much attention that day and we got told off several times, but when we presented it to him at the end, he really laughed and liked it. We’ll always be that man’s favourite class! xD


At school our
mocs are going okay so far but I’m a bit ticked off that the ones I studied most for (
History – slept 1 hour that night,
Biology – slept half an hour,
Chemistry…well I’ve already whined about that) are the ones I found hardest.
History was especially frustrating not because it was more difficult than
Biology (that paper one was almost as excruciating as
chemistry!) but because there was a section I hadn’t studied because it’s 20
th century which is only meant to come out in paper 2, but then it appeared as a
Source Question which carry loads of marks and I had to guess all my answers!
On the bright side, my English literature (which I didn’t even study a second for because it was on the same day as History paper 1 and it’s my best subject anyway) was apparently such a good paper that my teacher went to ask the headmistress to recheck it because I did so well she wasn’t sure if she was just being too nice with the mark ^^
I’m thinking a lot about music lately. I like to write stuff, but I’ve never come up with anything I’m truly pleased with so never showed any of it to anyone. This week I’ve been coming up with a real lot of random praise verses, though, and at the Y4J meeting last Saturday, coincidentally, Stefan told me he really felt God telling him to hear my songs…I dunno, for now there’s mocs and Lenten talks to focus on, but afterwards I’m going to take some of my material, sift through it and hopefully end up with something I’m happy with. Paul promised to help me add guitar music to my keys.
I haven’t had internet in over 2 weeks; I’m on my parents’ pc at the moment because they went to the theatre. It’s strange that I felt the urge to blog when the facilities weren’t available to me, contrary to when I was constantly online and just never felt like.
I felt a bit hekk (is there even an English equivalent to this? It’s the perfect description of the feeling!) when I came on and found that suddenly everybody seemed to have changed, but I’d been missing it all in the short while I wasn’t online. I have certain friends whom I talk to more on msn than in person due to the fact that I rarely see them, and I actually found myself really missing them once my internet went, but I didn’t let myself feel left out or any of that nonsense because meanwhile a lot has been happening to me too right? :]
One last thing before I go write a letter to Kai, and pray about tonight – I went to 6pm mass last Sunday in San Gwann. Usually I go to 9.30am at Stella Maris with my mum and sister, but they went after scouts on Saturday so I had to go that afternoon. The sermons of the priest at the San Gwann 6pm one always manage to keep me interested, the priest is really fantastic, but the best part was when I was walking home. I had my mp4 on playing my all-time favourite Christian song – Jesus, Lover of my Soul by Hillsongs United. It has only about 2 verses – short, sweet and to the point, and whilst listening to it I just stopped and looked up at the stars and really felt at peace…
Labels: Biology, Lenten Talks, Music, Valentine, Y4J