ABOUT ME
� 17 years independant
CHATTER
ARCHIVES
LINKS
Thursday, September 13, 2007
9:24 AM
I just typed this entire post about 3 times and it keeps disappearing!!! gahhhhhhhhh -.-' Stupid keyboard, well that's why I haven't been updating. And because I'm fed up of typing the same thing over and over again, I'm just going to show my week in pictures and a brief description of each day instead.
Saturday I went to Baystreet and Draytons because I didn't have a lift back home so Mellieha festa with Ache, Pete, Kai, Tine, Krissy etc. was out of the question, and I had piano and work to do so couldn't spend the day at Exiles with Theresa and Becky Sammut, Johan, Karl etc. Thus I went out in the evening with: Chrissy, Kikka, Maria Angela & Francesca, Franny Vella, Zoe, Sara, Romina, Brooks, Rob, Peter Farrugia, Fabian, Andrew, Matthew, Andrea & Claude. {Hope I remembered everyone}. Ran into Tamsin and Franny Chircop, and, seperately from the girls, Julian & Ryan - hadn't seen any of them all Summer! Also went to see Justin at his job which was great as I hadn't seen him since the Masquerade course about 2 months ago so it was good catching up =] I finally saw his tattoo!
[Me & Justin]
Rob officially won the bet he made with my sister over drinks, much to the collective astonishment of me, Brooks and Kikka who were witnesses - if I ever figure out how to put videos from my mobile onto the computer I'll show you all how Rob fills beer bottles with water, holds them just from the neck, hits the top with his palm and the bottom actually shatters. I know you're looking disbelieving at the moment - we did too and that's how the bet came about =P (One of the highlights of the evening was Rob sticking the beer bottle down his trousers, going to the bar bathroom to fill it with water, then sticking it back down his trousers to come outside and proove his point xD)
After Draytons we went to get pizza from near Baystreet - and for future reference, they don't sell Mountain Dew there or at the juice bar and I was very sad about that - then went to the beach to watch Rob, Matthew, Andrew and Fabian do the bottle trick. Brooks and Kikka decided to start physically fighting because he wouldn't let her give him kisses and he hit me in my eye with her arm and almost blinded me -.-'
[Me getting ready]
[Heinecken bottle - need I explain? xD]
Sunday I went to watch License to Wed with Franny, Kikka, Maria, and some St.Aloysius guys (Paul, Beppe, Tong, Daniel and his girlfriend Denise, and Kris). Paul and Beppe showed up half an hour after we were supposed to meet because they wanted to be fashionably late and leave us all feeling awkward around each other. Anyway the film was funny, and made a reference to The Shining (whoot!). Afterwards we went to McDonalds and hung out there for a while chatting, then I had to go home and feel bad because I wasn't allowed to go to the mass with Pete :[
[Licence to Wed xD]
[Me at McDonalds]
[Beppe & Tong]
Monday I didn’t have piano, but played the keyboard at the Y4J meeting! That was such a great experience! I went at 7 for sound check and stuff, and was super nervous cuz I’d never played with a band before. Robert Galea was so nice to me, he was talking to me and telling me not to even think about what I’m paying – it doesn’t matter if I miss beats or don’t get it perfect or anything, what matters is that I’m praising because that’s all that counts. The prayer between band and youth team was really heartfelt, and shortly after we started the meeting. We didn’t have as much praise as usual, and I only knew the sheet music for one of the songs that we sang (Blessed Be Your Name) - even though I had learnt others, we didn’t sing them that day. The rest of the time I had to improvise. At one point it was really quiet and I accidentally hit something on the keyboard which started making ticking sounds and I couldn’t figure out how to shut it off, I was going mad! But at least I figured out how to turn off the sound, and managed to fix it.
Robert, who was leading worship since Tutzi and her whole family (including Bettina, which was why I was on the keyboard that night), told me that he was going to stop playing and he just wanted me to play, and I was like ‘No no!’ but I had to anyway xD I panicked when he started playing Fill Us Up, which Bettina actually wrote for the piano and I had no idea how to play it, but Robert just told me ‘relax and play in F#’ and I did and it went really well! In fact, I wasn’t nervous at all once it was underway and I really praised as much as I could. The talk itself was given by Martine and Leana and was called ‘Glass Half Empty or Half Full?’, and the Live In was also announced, although so far my parents aren’t letting me go to it due to having O levels this year and they don’t want me to ‘waste a weekend’ even though it’s only the first weekend after school begins!
Anyway, the meeting was really good, and afterwards I was talking to Robert and telling him thanks and stuff - he’s so nice! =D It was really encouraging to hear that people thought I played really well, especially since I had been so nervous beforehand. If anyone took any photos of me playing at the meeting I’ll stick them on here (once the photos section of the site is updated). Poor Pete couldn’t come to the meeting because he had 104 fever and tonsillitis! =[
Ahhhh…..I really, really, reallllyyyy want to get to play again someday!!!
I leant Romina 'Bridge to Terabithia', the book by Katherine Paterson, and she leant me the dvd of the movie, and gave me a bookmark she made me. It says my name, and if you turn it upside down, it says the name in a different way! It’s really cool! I took a picture of it, however it’s not great quality because the colour of my camera has gone a bit funny since Sunday after the film =s It’s also the reason why I don’t have any photos of Tuesday.
Tuesday I went to the beach with Paul, Beppe, Daniel, Tong and Kris – Pete couldn’t make it cuz of his tonsillitis, Franny she had to study for our French exam the next day, and Denise was at a computer course, so I ended up just with the guys. Paul (the fool) didn’t get his trunks cuz he thought it was going to be cold, when in fact it was sunny and really hot. I ended up not actually swimming cuz let’s face it I’m not much of a swimming person, I just go to the beach to hang out with friends so I sat on the sand with Paul. watching the others swim and taking the piss. After the swimming we all went off to McDonalds for ice cream and stayed sitting around a table there, chatting and laughing – it was a really fun day, they’re pretty great guys =] Half of them are in the oh-so-entertaining Spud which is on my links page. Before you start thinking it, I must sadly inform you that they’re not really as stupid as their blog makes them seem ;]
After that I had to leave for 4 hours Maltese private lessons….what joy….poor Tong, who’s with me for the second 2 hours, had to put up with kicking of his chair, borrowing of his pretty, multi-coloured notes, and decorating of his arms in biro…I was indeed that bored…
Wednesday (geez this is a long post after all! And I’m not even going into much detail! Try and imagine the first version before the computer kept deleting it xD) I had my Alliance Francaise French exam in the morning, which went pretty well I think. My day was destined to be crappy however. First, my shoe tore as soon as I arrived at French, meaning I had to hop/shuffle all the way to the bus stop afterwards, then everybody’s bus came (Karl had to chase his down the street after it didn’t stop at the bus stop but paused at the traffic lights - it was quite hilarious - however the lights turned and he couldn’t get on it. Luckily for him, another one came soon after). Mine, on the other hand, just ZOOMED past, without even slowing down, and completely ignored my French teacher and I both flagging it down. I stayed chatting to my teacher a while about the exam, then she caught the 42 and I spent over an hour waiting and listening to Skillet (on Beppe’s mp3 - the Stella Maris not St.Aloysius one - which he so kindly leant me two weeks ago due to mine having been at Maria, although I can now give it back to him since she gave me mine when we went to see License to Wed) until finally a 41 bus came and I had to do some serious footwork to get onto it with my torn sandal, and then had to repeat the shuffle/hop act to get from the bus stop to my house. As if the day wasn’t bad enough, I couldn’t even go out in the evening and blow off some steam as my dad had grounded me the night before and I still fail to see the reason why.
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Today I
Grrrr posting this has just made me pissed off >.<
To get back on a positive note, Brooks is my first official fan of this blog, so today’s post is dedicated to him for pestering me to update!!
[My torn shoe]
[Me and Brooks at Soul Survivor]
God bless anyone reading this, take care and check back tomorrow for another update! (I will not procrastinate...I will not...I will not) xxxxx
Labels: Baystreet, Draytons, SAC, Y4J
Post a CommentWELCOME